Copyright © Momma Adventures
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Month 13 First steps

Lately you have been getting more courageous and trying to take some steps forward without any assistance at all. Tonight you took 3 steps by yourself! I took a video, ask me to show you one day. You were in the kitchen with dad and he was feeding you some bread. You usually like to play with the pots in the bottom drawer so you stepped towards him to get the bread. You are so amazing! We haven't tried to encourage you to walk at all because the common knowledge seems to be that the more mobile you are the more trouble you will be and we're already so exhausted. Dad goes to bed between 8.30pm to 9pm which is when you go to bed.


Today we had a fun day at my company's summer family day. We played some carnival games, you had mango sorbet for the first time (and loved it), I had corn dogs for the first time (and liked it more than I should) and we brought home some prizes: a cow plushie, some inflatables, and bubbles.

Playing some carnival games
Super cuddly at times. Perhaps you were tired.
You like the sorbet more than the cone

I'm sorry I have not written for so long. Many things have happened since my last post. We went to Hilton Head and Toronto for vacation where you got to visit your grandparents and cousins and aunts. Shortly after Grandma Margery came to visit for a bit and we went to Christina's week long Indian wedding. I have since gone back to work from my maternity leave. I gradually increased my work hours from 3 days to 5 days a week over the course of a month which was more for me than for you since you adjusted to daycare so easily. I on the other hand would start crying just thinking about being apart from you. I really enjoyed the few days we had to ourselves going to the park and the play gym at the mall. Now I only get weekends with you. Sigh.


Our coffee table is spending its time sideways since you managed to climb on top of it, perch one legged on the bookcase and get stuff on top of the kitchen counter. It was epic. Dangerous and you should not do that again, but epic.


You are super vocal now, sometimes just yelling DADADADA. It's fun at home but you did that at our friend's wedding during their vowel exchange and I'm pretty sure not everyone was thrilled. Your doctor says that you're supposed to say 20 words by the time you are 18 months old. You are currently 13 months and don't really say any words intentionally so they are a little concerned. It's funny how you used to say mamamama all the time but you hardly say that anymore and it's mostly babababa or dadadada.

You REALLY love dancing to music. I'm always surprised how intense your natural urge to move is whenever you hear a song. But whenever that little bum goes up and down I squeal with glee. For me, it's probably the cutest thing you do.

Currently you have a weird obsession with belly buttons. You like to uncover my shirt or your dads shirt and poke our belly buttons and will get very upset if we don't let you. It's quite painful and I'm better at swatting you away than your dad.

You still don't like wearing shoes. I'm wondering if I should just get skid free socks and call it a day. We got a tip from someone we met at the summer event that Joe Fresh might have some good ones. You certainly did not like the Old Navy ones I got you and no other store in Metrotown or Brentwood carries your size (3).


0 comments:

Post a Comment